Ensign Ranch Standards & Policies
In order to maintain Ensign Ranch’s safe, wholesome, family atmosphere, you are responsible to inform everyone in your group that they will be expected to uphold the following standards and rules:
• NO PETS are allowed. Not even if kept in cars. We follow the ADA regulations for service animals. DOGS AND OTHER ANIMALS ARE NOT ALLOWED ON THE RANCH UNLESS THEY ARE A SERVICE ANIMAL. CAMP FOLOWS THE U.S. DEPARTMENT OF JUSTICE GUIDANCE: "DOGS [PETS] WHOSE SOLE FUNCTION IS TO PROVIDE COMFORT OR EMOTIONAL SUPPORT DO NOT QUALIFY AS SERVICE ANIMALS UNDER THE ADA."
• No alcohol, tobacco, illegal drugs, or other items contrary to the Word of Wisdom will be consumed,
used, or brought to the reserved facilities.
• No firearms, explosives, fireworks, or weapons of any kind will be brought to or used on or at the facilities.
• MODEST DRESS – Women and girls must wear one piece swimsuits or modest tankinis with no midriff showing. NO Halter-tops, bikinis, or short shorts are allowed. Men and boys must wear loose fitting, modest swimming trunks. Swimwear should only be worn at the Slip-n-slide or lake areas.
• FISHING in our lakes or ponds is included in your reservation and requires no additional permit. Enjoy unlimited catch and release. Our limit to keep is three fish. Both Big Creek and the Yakima River are governed by Washington State Fishing Regulations, state fishing licenses are required..
• We are currently under a burn ban. No campfires or charcoal briquettes. Propane fire rings and cook stoves are ok.
• IMMEDIATELY notify the management of any ACCIDENT or INJURY (509-656-2344).
• ROPES COURSE and CLIMBING Tower use requires a certified instructor by reservation only. The areas and elements are not for public use.
• Please park only in designated parking lots. Do NOT park on the sides of the roadway, on the lawns, in the woods, or in the meadows. Passengers must ride inside the vehicles with doors and tailgates shut. Riding in the back of a pickup is ok sitting on the bed with tailgate up. Please follow all speed limits. Speed limits within Ensign Ranch are 5-10 mph.
• NO OFF-ROAD VEHICLES: ATVs, golf carts, 4-wheelers, motorcycles or snowmobiles are NOT allowed. E-bikes must follow posted speed limits.
• Always treat others with RESPECT (language, music, voices, noise, etc.). QUIET TIME is from 10 PM to 7 AM.
• LEAVE THE AREA YOU HAVE USED AS CLEAN, OR CLEANER, THAN YOU FOUND IT.
Upon arrival, if any room or area is not in satisfactory condition, PLEASE notify the office immediately.
• DO NOT ATTRACT OR FEED WILDLIFE. Campers should take precautions against attracting wildlife by properly preparing, storing, and disposing of food. Keep food, bait, cosmetics, etc. in tightly covered containers and store them inside your vehicle, especially at night. Be “bear aware” and NEVER store food in an area where you sleep.
• Always treat the ranch PROPERTY and ENVIRONMENT with CARE AND RESPECT.